In my sky at twilight .


In my sky at  t w i l i g h t
you are like a cloud
and your form and colour
are the way I  l o v e  them.

You are mine,  m i n e ,
woman with sweet lips
and in your life my  i n f i n i t e  dreams live.

The lamp of my soul dyes your feet,
the sour wine is  s w e e t e r  on your lips,
oh reaper of my evening song,
how solitary dreams believe you to be mine!

You are mine,  m i n e ,
I go shouting it to the afternoon's wind,
and the wind hauls on my widowed voice.

Huntress of the depth of my eyes,
your  p l u n d e r  stills your nocturnal regard
as though it were water.

You are  t a k e n
in the net of my music, my love,
and my nets of music are wide as the sky.

My  s o u l  is born
on the shore of your eyes of mourning.
In your eyes of mourning
 the land of  d r e a m s  begin.


- Pablo Neruda